Friends, alerting you to new articles in Voice of Detroit, as well as court hearing Tues. Dec. 14 at 2 p.m. to fight Wayne County workers' 20% pay cut; at CAYMC, 9th Floor Judge John Murphy. Attached is the county workers' story in document form, both PDF and Microsoft Word.
Click on http://voiceofdetroit.net to read new VOD stories including:
- The Crime of Reporting Crime - Greg Thrasher
- County workers fight pay cut; Ficano spends billions on new jail, Dearborn Hts. Rec. Center, Aerotropolis, Guardian Bldg., appointees - Diane Bukowski
- DPS discrimination against special needs and bilingual students - Aurora Harris
- Pastor condemns attack on homeless man in Corktown - link to MT article by Bill Wylie-Kellerman
- Obama tax deal - David Sirota
- SW Detroit wins victories against polluter; husband of Michigan Citizen publisher advocated for Systematic Recycling - Diane Bukowski
- History of Urban Peace and Justice Movement, call to West Coast conference - Amir Khalid Samad
- Court declares Bobb DPS takeover illegal -- BAMN release
- Blacks locked out of library construction in own San Francisco neighborhood -- San Francisco Bay View newspaper
Other stories in progress.
In the struggle,
Diane Bukowski, publisher
Voice of Detroit